The evolutionary design of the M-20iA
solves two of the oldest problems for industrial robots. The first issue
is the time it takes toengineer the robot dress out and thesecond is the
down-time caused when the dress out is disrupted bycontact with plant
equipment. The innovative M-20iA
solves these issues with a hollow upper arm and wrist. This unique
design permits the utilities to be neatly contained within the arm,
eliminating dress out issues like snagging, tearing and rubbing. A shelf
with ample space on the back of the upper arm completes the package by
allowing peripheral equipment to be easily mounted. The hollow arm and
wrist together with the shelf greatly simplifies the integration
engineers job. To complement the built-in vision, the M-20iA
has an integrated vision cable from the J1 base to J3 interface panel.
This makes the addition of vision to the robot application much easier.
This design is also a great benefit for offline simulations because the
dress out and control boxes can all be designed to fit with in the
confined space of the robot arm and eliminates the guess work of dress
out interference. This exceptional design comes with out sacrificing any
of the robot’s performance specifications. In fact this robot is an
industry leader in payload, reach and axes speed. Add this to the
industry leader in reliability and this robot is the perfect solution
for your robotic application.
Series, the solution for:
Features & Benefits
degrees of freedom
payload at wrist
wrist moments and inertias for real-world EOATs and workpieces
payload mount on J3 casting
and electrical (8 DI/8 DO) connections for EOAT on J3
vision cables from J1 to J3 as a standard option
size, slim wrist, and small footprint permit operation in tight work
can be floor, angle, wall or ceiling mounted
joint speeds maximize throughput
encoder positioning eliminates homing at power-up
color graphic teach pendant is network ready
Solution Arm, 50 mm hollow wrist and upper arm
reducer and gear drivetrains provide rigidity and performance in a
bearings and brushless, maintenance-free AC motors provide
protection and improve reliability
is a registered Tademark of
• Largest work envelope and load capacity in its class allows robot
operation in a wide range of high-speed, medium-payload manufacturing
• No robot modification required for upright, inverted, angle and wall
• Unique hollow RV speed reducers simplify cable routing.
• Small footprint facilitates placement in tight surroundings.
• Low arm mass and rigid design allow high-speed, precise positioning.
• Dedicated pneumatic and electrical connections on J3 axis.
• Material handling style teach pendant with large LCD screen and
ergonomic design offers intuitive control over the process.
• Fail-safe brakes on all axes increase safety, functionality and
• iPendant™, a color, Internet-ready teach pendant for even easier
programming and custom cell user interface design.
• Repeatability of ± 0.08 mm at full speed and full payload within
entire work envelope.
• 20 kg' payload capacity.
• "Double-jointed" arm increases work envelope and positioning
• Absolute serial encoders eliminate the need for calibration at
• Sealed bearings and drives, and brushless AC motors minimize
• Grease fittings on all lubrication points for quick and easy
• Uses directly-coupled drives, which are more reliable than belts,
pulleys or chains.
• All motors, cables and tooling services are engineered to prevent
snagging and damage from chips, sprays and other hazards.
• Dust and water resistant design maximizes durability.
• Quick disconnect robot connecting cables.
• iPendant is also available with touch screen support.
• 3600 Axis 1 base rotation.
• FoundryPRO® protection package for harsh environment applications
(standard M-16iB wrist is rated IP67 to withstand temporary immersion in
• Auxiliary axis packages for integration into part positioners.
• Various robot connection cable lengths for flexible cabinet placement
and optional track rated cables.
• Monochrome pendant available.
• iRVision™ (Integrated Robot Vision) system delivers highperformace
2-D and 3-D machine vision capabilities with FANUC reliability.
Note: FoundryPRO is a registered trademark of FANUC LTD.